Monday, April 14, 2014

So...



I have changed gears significantly. No longer following a fairy tale....as of yet. And it will be set in 1811 and subsequent years. And it will involve science...specifically Astronomy.

I have always loved Astronomy and Science in general, my father being a Science Teacher. I like to think I get it from him.
Also I was doing some research and discovered that in 1811 there was a great comet, visible to the naked eye, in the sky for 260 days! So cool. Also the fact that.... how many regency era novels have science in them? like...none. Usually they are romances.... which this will have in it of course. I am too much of a romantic not to have that in it. But it will be more of a juvenile fiction then anything....maybe Young Adult.???

I'm thinking my characters will consist of a young girl (14-15yrs with red hair) who we will see the story from her eyes, and young boy who is her friend (15-16yrs) The girl will have an older sister (17-18 yrs) and she will fall in love with a man. The girls only have a father, their mothers dying when they were young. The father is Irish and an astronomer. He eventually dies. The oldest girl seems to have no choice but to become a governess until said man marries her. The younger girl is whisked away to Ireland for several years. She will eventually return to England a Young Woman and reunite with her friend and yadda yadda sparks will fly! :) anywho that is the really quick summary version of what I have been thinking.



and I just might include this beauty!
Mogg's celestial sphere 1811